Friday, February 22, 2013

Having sick kids.

Ah the joys of having kids. I have seriously neglected my writing. Not because I wanted to but because trying to find a block of time for myself is kinda hard these days. The Monday before Valentines Day I picked up Mason from school as usual. When he got in the car and started talking, I noticed he sounded kind of raspy. Hmmmm... As the night progressed so did this germ bug. Tuesday morning = full blown cold. No school for Mason. Tuesday he kinda loafed around. He played in his room nice and quiet. I was trying to keep him away from Noah as much as possible. I figured I would give him another day home to rest up and get over this bug. Wednesday = I should have sent him to school. Not that he was less sick but it was National Torment Mommy Day. He must have gotten too much rest? Maybe? I don't know what his deal was but he made me crazy.

Wednesday afternoon he went to his Dad's.  AHH! A little bit of peace. The night ran smooth and all was well. That is until Thursday morning. Noah woke up and it sounded like he couldn't breathe out of his nose. Fuck. (Enter my potty mouth). So I call the doctor. (The reason why I didn't with Mason is because he can tell me what is wrong and what hurts. Noah can't). We get there and they look him over. No fever. Good. Lungs are clear. Good. He is just stuffed up. Duh. What can we do for him to make him comfortable?  Doctor says "Ummm, just use a saline spray and suck the boogies out. At night use a cool mist humidifier."
I had to drive here to be told that? It is raining and in the 40s outside and I dragged him out for this? "OK", I say and home we go.

I thought Noah was spoiled before getting sick. Boy did he rock my world. Besides being pathetic and teary eyed, he wanted to be held. Every second of every minute of every hour. Cute one may say. Not so much. He did look so pitiful so being held it is.

                                                               My little sicky face.

Mason got over the cold rather quickly. He went back to school on Thursday and Friday. He played soccer on Saturday. Can't say the same for Noah. He hasn't gotten worse but he isn't getting better. Monday comes and back to the doctors. Same thing. So now it is a week later and finally he shows signs of being better. So needless to say I haven't had any time to write.

Things are looking up though so maybe there will be more to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment